Therapy is different with each client because each client is different. Your goals will be unique to you, as will our therapeutic relationship. Common discussions can touch on:
- What brings you to therapy
- What you’re hoping to gain from therapy
- What’s going on in your current life, and how your history has led to your present.
- With relationships we’ll discuss attachment patterns and also assess past attachments and patterns.
- We will also keep track of changes that occur from session to session.
Therapy can be short-term or longer-term depending on the issue at hand. Life decisions and transitions tend to be more short-term, while things like negative thought patterns, in-grained parenting patterns, reactive behaviors that have occurred over your lifetime will take longer to sort through.
Posted in: Therapy FAQ