If you’re reading this its likely you need support. Good therapy doesn’t have to always take a long time depending on the issue at hand. Better questions to ask yourself are:
- Do I have a specific issue I’m having trouble resolving?
- Would I feel happier in gaining self-awareness, an objective perspective and a potential new direction to being feeling “stuck.”
- Would it increase the chances your blended family would take a shorter path learning to get along and make a more peaceful household?
- Would you be happier if you gained self-awareness and learned to focus on what you can control?
- Would you feel less trapped if you could struggle less with yourself and your emotions and learn to roll with the ups and downs of life?
- Would you be happier if you could learn skills that would help you in your relationships inside the home and outside the home?
Taking the responsibility and making the decision to reach out for help is a positive first step towards change. It shows a commitment to your own health, and a willingness to move forward in your life.
Posted in: Therapy FAQ